I am taking a class for continuing education credits right now and the instructor asked this, “What would your ideal balanced day look like?”.
I have never thought of this before. If you could wake up one morning and plan your perfect, balanced day. What would it look like? I have been giving this some thought and wanted to share it below.
My Ideal Balanced Day
- Wake up around 7:30am
- Make a delicious breakfast of eggs, veggies, homemade bread, and fruit.
- Go on a hike from 10am-noon with my hiking group, Girls Who Hike PA.
- Go out for lunch with my entire family- definitely Mexican food.
- Spend a couple hours in the afternoon reading a good book on the couch,
- Order pizza for delivery and eat that while watching one of my favorite movies (Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, or Harry Potter) with Andre.
- Put on a face mask and soak in a bubble bath.
- End the night with some alone time with Andre, if you catch my drift. Haha.
Now, it may be difficult to line all of our wants up in one day. But what about over a weekend? Or even one activity a day? I think that knowing what we enjoy is so important. We are always thinking and doing for everyone else. However, we cannot be our best selves if we are not taking time for things that we enjoy.
Tell me about your ideal, balanced day. How will you ensure that you are taking time for yourself to complete some of these activities?